Thursday, November 3, 2011

The countdown is on...

It's November, and as the days tick closer and closer to Aaron's trip my head spins faster and faster with packing lists, paperwork trails, endless to-dos, and a scary shopping list! You see, there are many people Aaron will come into contact with while he is in Ethiopia... Guest house staff, orphanage staff, foster home staff, drivers, lawyers, and agency contacts... All of whom expect gifts to be given from the families they work for, as is customary in Ethiopia. That's a lot of gifts!!! Then there's the list of things we should bring for Sophie to have at the foster home, and all the paperwork that needs to be ready to go... Aaron will be lucky if I remember to pack him underwear!!!  

I often stop myself these crazy days though, and remember that this is November and Thanksgiving is also drawing near as the days tick by; and we have SOOO much to be thankful for this year! 2 healthy girls on their way, a court date that has been God ordained to be perfect timing, the knowledge that Aaron will be with Sophie in less than a month, a warm home, food on our table, financial provisions each step of the way in this costly process, a good job, great family and friends, EACH OTHER, and most importantly a loving and faithful Father in heaven!!!! Lord, may I lean into you each day this month, and thank you for your many gifts. May I trust your hand and heart each moment, rather than fret and worry over things you hold. May I learn to live each moment at rest, having assurance that you are with me in all things! In Jesus precious name I pray... Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment